Saturday, February 20, 2010

Helmut Lang --- classic comfey










When we think of style we sometimes think of a scale with comfort at one end and beauty of the other. On the far end that is comfort lies the tee shirt and sweat pants. "Not so!" says Helmut Lang. There is no reason that we can't have both comfort and style and he proves it creating pieces that would be appropriate for almost any occasion.

On a more personal note I've rediscovered tee shirts lately. It started with a vintage 1985 X-men tee that Bob had been hanging onto. Then came the lovely trees and crows that kept appearing in the young men's section & I was hooked, finding that a men's medium was slightly more flattering than a women's XL on my curvy figure. I also bought the first pair of sweats in years last year & actually convinced myself to wear them out of the house on a few occasions. It is nice to see the synchronicity in the fashion world and that it's agreeing with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment